Thursday, December 13, 2007

Challenges from page 20...

Hey, some of those are tough! I'm glad you made it that far. Well done.

The key to solving a question like h) or i)is to pretend you're factoring it. Using h) as an example:

  • Begin by multiplying 4 and 3 to get 12.
  • Ask yourself what factors of 12 add to equal 'k'.
  • Stop and think, "If 'k' can be equal to anything, then it could be equal to any sum of the factors of 12."
  • List the sums of the factors of 12 as your answer.

One answer could be 4x^2 + 13x +3 since 1 and 12 multiply to 12, but add to 13.

Hope that helped. If not ask me to clairify and I'll post a video explaining it more fully.

Thanks for the question. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.Acree. I was wondering if you could help me with a couple questions on page 16 of lesson 2 4c,5d.

Thanks a lot!

Header Graphic: http://ann-s-thesia.com

Thanks.